Sunday, February 1, 2009

My 101

Upon first hearing about a "101" from my friends, I had no desire to partake in it. However, after hearing about it more, I got sucked into the craze! So, here I am. :) I just completed my list. There are a few that I have accomplished during the timeframe of making my list. Those are in red. Well, the time has begun!...

Creating your own 1001 Day Project

The Mission:Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

101 Things in 1001 Days
2/1/2009-10/28/2011

1. Have my friends truly understand how much they mean to me.
2. Actually be able to go to both Eme’s and Ava's birthday parties.
3. Not go out to eat for one month.
4. Go hunting.
5. Go back to Africa.
6. Put pictures and artwork up in my room.
7. See ATL homies again.
8. Hit up the west coast.
9. Go on a spontaneous trip.
10. Learn how to make my grandma’s pumpkin pie with her.
11. Make a Kenyan dinner.
12. Not eat sweets for 6 months.
13. Get back to 115 pounds.
14. Help Colleen find a church.
15. Visit my grandma at least once a month.
16. Help a kid in an after school program.
17. Remember the names of all the kids in the jr. high youth group.
18. Learn how to play the drums.
19. Have a real, legit talk with my brothers.
20. Pay for a stranger’s dinner.
21. See Chelsea Gilliland.
22. Surrender every part of my life to God, not holding on to anything!
23. Go snowboarding.
24. Like coffee without tons of creamer and sugar.
25. Try out for a dance/cheer team… aka Colts.
26. Meet up with my dad.
27. Have a six-pack… a girl six-pack.
28. Drive to Idaho just to pick a potato.
29. Ride a greyhound.
30. Buy something off ebay.
31. Buy a pair of TOMS.
32. Learn how to put a spare tire on.
33. Memorize 140 verses.
34. Share Jesus with someone I just met/don’t know.
35. Do a surprise visit.
36. Get a webcam.
37. Get a bike.
38. Run a mini-marathon.
39. Keep my room clean for 3 months.
40. Get involved with a homeless ministry in Indy.
41. Pray with someone on a regular basis.
42. Climb a tree and read a book.
43. Pay for the person behind me at a toll.
44. Be able to touch my head to my knees.
45. Be in an audience of a reality TV show or a talk show.
46. Have a snowball fight.
47. Walk around the town of Plainfield.
48. Try sushi.
49. Make a quilt.
50. Crochet a hat.
51. Go to the Grand Canyon.
52. Go on a date.
53. Go boating/kneeboarding/tubing/skiing/wakeboarding.
54. Send flowers to someone.
55. Cover my life in verses… put them all over my room, in my bathroom, in my car, on my binders.
56. Go away for the weekend to spend alone time with God.
57. Cover one of my walls with pictures, verses, etc.
58. Go to a Colts game.
59. Beat Mario Brothers.
60. Visit Aliquippa, PA.
61. Go 4-wheeling.
62. Go skinny-dipping.
63. In one day, do all the aerobic classes that are provided at PPR.
64. Go horseback riding.
65. See the sunset or sunrise from an airplane.
66. Not let my grey hat get jacked.
67. Send letters/mail/packages to friends.
68. Go spelunking.
69. Meet Erin’s (Tittie) parents.
70. Beat Christie’s minesweeper score.
71. Move out.
72. Sauce a car.
73. Go scuba diving.
74. Work out 14 hours a week for one month.
75. Take vitamins every day for a month.
76. Write things down so I don’t forget them.
77. Be able to flip someone off jokingly/messin around and not feel bad.
78. Eat only healthy/natural foods for a month.
79. Go fishing late at night.
80. Memorize lab values for nursing.
81. Go skiing.
82. Learn most of Park Tudor’s cheers.
83. Sleep/lie under the stars.
84. Go to/be in Kel’s wedding.
85. Go rock climbing.
86. Have a Saw marathon. Watch one Saw movie a day for five straight days in chronological order.
87. Kiss under a mistletoe.
88. Go back to the Dominican Republic (Orphanage Outreach).
89. Pee in the ocean.
90. French braid my own hair.
91. Ride in a cop car.
92. Go to all 50 states, get a picture of their welcome signs, and make a collage.
93. Go snowmobiling.
94. Go sledding by being attached to the back of a car.
95. Climb a water tower.
96. Help save a life.
97. Swing on a vine.
98. Stop hiding.
99. Do a silent act of kindess.
100. Go cow tipping.
101. Ride dune buggies.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

when you feel like doing #78, you can stay with me :)